Full Day: Sushi | £99
Full Day Course | Saturday 11th September | 10am – 3pm
Lilian Hiw at The Food Hub…
Lilian Hiw is a cookery teacher, private chef, food stylist, cake designer and baker based in Bury St Edmunds. Lilian grew up in Singapore and was inspired by the bold, fragrant and exotic international food culture. Her resume includes some of the top international hotels in Asia. While her true passion is in the kitchen, Lilian gained invaluable experience in sales and catering while working at the renowned Raffles Hotel Singapore; one of Asia’s most celebrated hotels. Lilian combines a deep-rooted passion for food with a wealth of experience in cooking and catering to bring a bespoke, delicious and unforgettable Asian dining experience to you.
Master the art of sushi making from expert chef Lilian Hiw, This sushi-making workshop gives you the opportunity to create different types of sushi from Maki to Onigiri. In this workshop, you will learn the art of cooking the perfect sushi rice and making sushi vinegar. Master knife and cutting skills as well as the use of bamboo mats to make sushi rolls and inverted sushi rolls. You will make hand-shaped sushi and learn presentation and plating skills. We’ll even guide you through using chopsticks and how different sushi should be eaten.
Lilian’s courses are fun, informative and interactive; with detailed easy to follow recipes to replicate at home using ingredients that are readily available.
Recipes on this course may include:
- Maki Roll – Toasted nori (seaweed) wrapped around vinegared rice and cucumber
- Temaki – Hand-rolled cone sushi filled with a selection of avocado, crab sticks, cucumber and Japanese mayo
- California Roll – An inverted maki roll with lemon mayo tuna and avocado with toasted black and white sesame seeds
- Nigiri – Hand shaped finger sushi selection; smoked salmon, nori tuna mayo and sweet rolled omelette with seaweed strip
- Onigiri – Pyramid-shaped sushi with a hidden treasure of teriyaki chicken
- Yaki Onigiri – Tasty grilled rice balls painted with miso paste
The course will run from 10am until 3pm and includes practical and demonstration cookery sessions, lunch and refreshments. All the ingredients, equipment and the recipes for the day will be provided.
Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed through our online booking system, to book a place please call or email email@example.com.
Sushi Sept 2021£99.00